In this post, we are going to understand “What is IELTS Speaking Part 1?”, “What kind of questions we get in IELTS Part 1?”, “How to ace the IELTS Part 1 with great ease?” and Tips by Suniltams English Guru, Director TAMS Studies, English Langauge Academy.
What is IELTS Speaking Part 1?
- IELTS Part 1 consists of a face to face interview with the IELTS Examiner. It goes for 4 to 5 minutes.
- There are approximately 12 questions asked by the IELTS Examiner which are based on 3 Topics.
- These three topics are Questions about You, Your Life, and Your Country or Hometown.
There are approx 1000 types of questions an IELTS Examiner can ask. However, no need to worry. Why? Because if you prepare some these questions, you can easily answer the rest of those in case asked to you.
So, I assure you that there is no need to worry at all about the IELTS Speaking Test. Just Prepare These Topics. Also, if you need help, feel free to WhatsApp me at +919759999231.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Common Topics List:
- Work-Related Questions
- Questions Related to Study
- Daily Routine Related Questions
- Questions Related to Your Hometown
- Dictionaries Related Questions
- Questions Related to Your Home
- Evenings Related Questions
- Questions Related to Art
- Family and Friends Related Questions
- Questions Related to Birthdays
- Food Related Questions
- Questions Related childhood
- Hobbies Related Questions
- Questions Related to clothes
- Newspapers Related Questions
- Questions Related to Computers
Some more IELTS topics are as mentioned below:
- Leisure time
Frequent Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Test
As per my observation, the below 4 types are commonly asked in IELTS Speaking Part 1. An IELTS aspirant should prepare ideas and practice answering most of these questions.
- What is your work profile?
- Where do you work?
- Why do you like your job?
- Is your work profile a preferred one in your country?
- Do you really like your job?
- What kind of interaction you have with your friends and colleagues?
- What was your first day at work like?
- If you had the chance, would you switch from your current job profile?
- Would you like to continue with your job in Future as well?
- What are your subjects of study?
- Where do you go to study?
- Why do you like your subject?
- Is it a preferred subject in your surroundings?
- Do you get on with your mates?
- What was your first day at college/school like?
- What are the important lessons about your subject?
- Are you planning to get a job in the same field as your subject?
- Tell me something about your hometown.
- Do you like your hometown?
- Do you often visit your hometown?
- What is your hometown like?
- What is the oldest place in your hometown?
- Is there anything to do for a foreigner in your hometown?
- Has your hometown changed since you were a child?
- Do you think that your hometown is a good place for children’s upbringing?
- Where is your home?
- Do you prefer to live in a house or a flat?
- Who do you live with?
- Are there many rooms in your home?
- How are your home’s walls decorated?
- One thing you would like to change about your home?
to be continued…..